Vegan Mochaccino Cake (Crunchy, Creamy & Decadent) | Delia.v Life
Coffee + Chocolate + Hazelnut + Vanilla + Coconut = Party in the mouth. No seriously, this is like all your favourite latte flavours combined together! We love everything about this, from the crunchy hazelnut base to the creamy coffee mousse - every mouth of this is pure luxury.
Usually mousse cake requires gelatine as a firming agent but ever since we knew how gelatine came about (skin, tendons, ligaments, and/or bones from cows and pigs? No thanks.), we consciously avoid products made with them. Well it isn't easy since they are in almost everything especially the fluffy and light mousse cakes which used to be our favourite. Thank god for food experiments and perseverence though, we managed to make a delectable Vegan mousse cake that will fool any non-vegans!
Our non-vegan family and friends were so surprised that this is vegan that they asked a few times just to make sure. Well, go on and try this recipe and you can be the judge of it ;)
This recipe features Veganz products which you can find on Pinki.beans, a Singapore online vegan grocery store. You can find the links to the individual products in the recipe below.
Chocolate Hazelnut Base Ingredients
75g Roasted hazelnuts
50g Melted chocolate
1. Line a 8 inch x 8 inch baking tray with baking paper.
2. Grind the hazelnuts and cornflakes in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Do not grind until powdery.
3. Add in Veganz chocolate spread and melted chocolate and pulse until we'll combined.
4. Spread the mixture evenly onto the baking tray and refrigerate.
Vanilla Sponge Ingredients
110g All Purpose flour/ Spelt flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
80g Raw sugar/ Vanilla sugar
120g Soy milk/ Non-dairy milk
1/2 tbs Apple cider vinegar
45g Vegetable oil
1/2tsp Vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line another 8 inch x 8 inch baking tray with baking paper.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, sugar and salt in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
3. In another bowl combine soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Set the mixture aside for 5 mins.
4. Add oil and vanilla extract to the mixture and mix.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
6. Pour the batter into the baking tray and bake for 25 mins or until golden brown.
Coffee Mousse Ingredients
250g Oat milk/ Non-dairy milk
1 tbs Instant coffee granules
1g Agar powder
30g Raw sugar
200ml Vegan rice whipping cream
1. In a sauce pan whisk together all the ingredients, EXCEPT chocolate and whipping cream.
2. Heat the saucepan on medium heat while stirring constantly.
3. Once thickened, turn of the heat and stir in the chocolate until homogeneous.
4. Chill the coffee cream in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
5. Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks then mix in the chilled coffee cream until light and fluffy.
50g Dark chocolate chips
50g Coconut milk/ Soy milk
1. Melt chocolate chips and coconut milk in a double boiler while stirring constantly.
Crunchy Chocolate Hazelnut Base
1. Spread chocolate ganache evenly over chocolate hazelnut crunch base.
2. Put the vanilla sponge on the chocolate ganache.
3. Pour the coffee mousse on the vanilla sponge and spread evenly.
4. Refrigerate the cake overnight.
5. Decorate with Veganz cacao coconut chips.
We hope you like our Vegan Mochaccino Cake recipe! Make sure you subscribe to our Youtube Channel and tag us on Instagram @delia.v.sg if you recreate any of our recipes, we'd love to see your creations!