Vegan Linzer Cookies | Delia.v Life
Nothing could be more festive during the holidays than a tray of these beautiful, buttery, cookies jam-packed with... Erm jam HAHA. Jam-filled linzer cookies are a traditional sandwich cookie with a subtle nutty flavor which comes from finely ground almonds in the dough. Unlike traditional sugar cookies decorated with icing which is usually too sweet for the palate, linzer cookies are filled with a tangy raspberry jam and finished with a light dusting of powdered sugar. Thankfully for you and I, this recipe is really a basic cookie recipe which can be easily modified to suit your dietary needs.
Feel free to swap the all purpose flour for gluten free or paleo all purpose flour, the sugar for erythritol and if you have nut allergies just substitute the almond flour with normal flour and the nut butter with vegan butter. What I love about these cookies, besides tasting amazing (obviously) is the aesthetics because we are basic bitches sometimes. The signature stained-glass-window effect, makes linzer cookies one of the most effortless and impressive treats you could make this holiday season.
And yes, while Linzer Cookies are most popular around the holidays, they certainly can be enjoyed anytime. No one ever rejects a linzer cookie. Looking to make something for your friends and loved ones? This is the recipe for you!
75g Vegan butter/ Margarine
50g Raw sugar/ Erythritol
1 tsp Vanilla extract
25g Almond butter
110g All purpose flour
40g Almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cream vegan butter with sugar until light and airy.
3. Add in vanilla extract and almond butter and continue to whisk until incorporated.
4. Fold in all purpose flour and almond flour.
5. Transfer the dough onto a piece of cling wrap and pat into a rectangular shape.
6. Refrigerate the dough for 30 mins.
7. Roll the dough out until it is about 1/2 cm thick.
8. Use a cookie cutter to cut out desired shapes.
9. Transfer the cookie dough onto a lined baking tray.
10. Use a small round cutter to cut out the centres of half the batch of cookies.
11. Bake for 10-12 mins or until golden brown.
12. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of jam into the center of the cookie without the centre cut-out, spreading it slightly. Top with the hollow cookies. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
We hope you like our Vegan Linzer Cookies recipe! Make sure you subscribe to our Youtube Channel and tag us on Instagram @delia.v.sg if you recreate any of our recipes, we'd love to see your creations!