Vegan Hojicha Lava Cake (Gluten Free & Oil Free) | Delia.v Life
Omg we are SO HAPPY to share this Healthy Vegan Single Serving Hojicha Lava Cake with you! We are suckers for lava cakes. But it wasn't really in our favour that many lava cake recipes especially matcha/ hojicha ones, require white chocolate and obscene amounts of egg yolks. Meh. We decided to do some experiments and wala we have a recipe that is non-vegans approved! SHHHH...its oil free too!
So, what makes our Hojicha Lava Cake recipe so special? It is:
- Oil free
- Gluten Free
- Refined sugar free
- Made with pantry ingredients
Yes, no need to hunt for vegan white chocolate or some special egg replacer. You would most probably have all the ingredients you need! This recipe is healthy enough for breakfast if you ask me... Oats, almonds, non-dairy milk, tad of coconut sugar and of course, hojicha! For all you people living alone or have a sudden craving for hojicha lava cake, this recipe is made for you. You should totally double or triple the hojicha filling recipe and freeze the extra cubes like we do, so that you can have a fantastic hojicha lava cake ASAP when cravings strikes. Oh, and we absolutely love pairing it with our Sweet Potato Cereal Ice Cream for some added luxury!
Hojicha Filling Ingredients:
1/2 tbs Hojicha powder
1 tbs Hot water
1/2 tsp Cornstarch
40g Coconut milk/ Non-dairy milk
5g Maple syrup (Add more if you like it sweet)
1. Whisk hojicha powder in hot water until dissolved.
2. Add in cornstarch and whisk quickly to avoid lumps.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until well combined.
4. Pour into ice cube tray and freeze for about 3 hours or until completely frozen.
Hojicha Lava Cake Ingredients:
28g Gluten free Oat flour/ All purpose flour / Whole wheat pastry flour
12g Almond flour
12g Erythritol/ Coconut sugar/ Raw sugar
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1/8 tsp Baking soda
1 tbs Hojicha powder
40g Unsweetened soy milk/ Non-dairy milk
3/4 tsp Apple cider vinegar
20g Applesauce/ Yogurt/ Oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Grease a ramekin about 4 inch diameter with margarine or oil. If you do not have a ramekin, you can use silicon molds as well.
2. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk until homogeneous.
3. Mix together the wet ingredients in another bowl.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
5. Pour the batter into the ramekin until it is halfway filled.
6. Put a frozen hojicha cube into the middle and fill with the remaining batter.
7. Bake for 15 mins then let it cool for 10 mins before inverting onto a plate.
We hope you like our Vegan Hojicha Lava Cake recipe! Make sure you subscribe to our Youtube Channel and tag us on Instagram @delia.v.sg if you recreate any of our recipes, we'd love to see your creations!