Vegan High Protein Low Carbs Carrot Cake | Delia.v Life
We are not the biggest fan of carrots but when they appear in cake form, we will gobble them up in seconds 😉 Some of you have requested for recipes which are lower in calories so we have a carrot cake recipe here that is lower in carbs and higher in protein! This carrot cake is definitely a healthy and fuss free recipe that you will want to keep coming back to.
The frosting requires only 2 simple ingredients and comes together in less than 5 mins! Using only Cinnamon bun flavoured plant based protein (We recommend using California GOLD Nutrition!) and coconut milk, this high protein frosting is perfectly creamy and luscious!
We love a perfectly spiced carrot cake that is wholesome enough for breakfast so we used erythritol to sweeten ours. Of course you can use coconut sugar or any other unrefined sugar and it will still turn out amazing! Try our low carb high protein carrot cake recipe and be amazed at how delicious it is!
Carrot Cake Ingredients:
155g Spelt flour
140g Blanched almond flour
90g Raw sugar/ Coconut sugar/ Erythritol
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1 tsp All spice
1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
240g Unsweetened soy milk
60g Vegetable oil
100g Carrot, shredded
60g Chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a 8 x 8 inch baking pan with baking paper.
2. Whisk the soy milk, apple cider vinegar and vegetable oil in a mug until well combined. Let it stand for 10 mins.
3. Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda and spices into a large bowl and whisk until homogeneous
4. Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
5. Fold in the carrots and walnuts.
6. Pour the batter into the lined baking tray and bake for 35-40 mins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
80g Cinnamon bun protein powder (we used California GOLD Nutrition)
150g of coconut milk
1. Pour the coconut milk little by little into the protein powder and whisk until you get a spreadable consistency. Add more protein powder if its too thin amd more milk if its too thick.
2. Spread on carrot cake!
We hope you like our simple and healthy Carrot Cake recipe! Make sure you subscribe to our Youtube Channel and tag us on Instagram @delia.v.sg if you recreate any of our recipes, we'd love to see your creations!