Vegan French Apple Cake | Delia.v Life
Traditionally made with chunks of sweet apples, nestled in a buttery cake, this French apple cake is the definition of simplicity. Our version uses sliced apples and a few other easy to find pantry ingredients for the ultimate last minute cake! We used sliced apples for the ease of cutting and also to ensure that with every bite you get a bite of apple goodness. If you consider yourself a novice baker who is quite clueless about the world of baking, this is the recipe for you. You do not need any fancy tools, techniques, or ingredients — if you’ve got a whisk and a a few pantry ingredients you are already halfway to an amazing cake.
With all the craziness in the world happening right now, this simple apple cake with a cup of tea is all we need to comfort our tired souls. So, bake away my friends and make this super simple apple cake that is sure to bring joys to you and your closed ones this holiday season.
5 Medium sized apple/ 10 mini apples
Juice of 1 lemon in a large bowl of ice water
Zest of 1 lemon
50g Almond flour
140g Cake flour
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
220g Unsweetened soy milk
120g Raw sugar
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Baking powder
60g Vegetable oil
80g Vegan yogurt
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1. Line a 7 inch baking tin with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
3. Whisk together the wet ingredients until homogeneous.
4. Slice the apples thinly and add them to the ice water containing lemon juice.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
6. Fold in 3/4 of the sliced apple and transfer the batter to the baking tin.
7. Top the batter off with the remaining apple slices and bake for 45-55 mins or until golden brown.
We hope you like our Vegan French Apple Cake recipe! Make sure you subscribe to our Youtube Channel and tag us on Instagram @delia.v.sg if you recreate any of our recipes, we'd love to see your creations!