Vegan Coffee Gula Melaka Teacake | Delia.v Life
If you are a fan of coffee, you will ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS! Made with just 6 pantry ingredients (excluding the frosting) in one bowl, this is a super easy and quick tea cake recipe that we have been making very often in recent days. I mean, less dishes to wash is always a plus right?
Of course, you can take it up a notch and pair these coffee teacakes with gula melaka frosting and roasted walnuts like we did! The combination of coffee, coconut, gula melaka and walnuts is so fragrant and absolutely delicious. These tea cakes are perfect for a mid day pick me up and gifting your loved ones without too much hassle! They will never know that it is vegan ;)
115g Self raising flour
80g Raw sugar/ Coconut sugar/ Erythritol
75g Unsweetened soy milk
5g Apple cider vinegar
40g Strong brewed coffee
40g Vegetable oil
Gula melaka frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Whisk flour and sugar together in a bowl.
3. Pour in the rest of the ingredients and whisk until well combined.
4. Divide the batter evenly into the cupcake or tea cake mold and bake for 15-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
150g Coconut milk
50g Oat milk
50g Gula melaka, chopped
15g Vegan butter/ Margarine
1. Pour coconut milk and oat milk into a saucepan.
2. Whisk in cornstarch until there are little to no lumps of cornstarch left.
3. Stir in the gula melaka to dissolve some of it.
4. Heat the sauce pan on low heat while stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat once the mixture thickens.
6. Stir in the vegan butter and let the mixture cool completely at room temperature.
7. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before blending/processing until you get a smooth and creamy frosting.
We hope you like our Vegan Coffee Gula Melaka recipe! Make sure you subscribe to our Youtube Channel and tag us on Instagram @delia.v.sg if you recreate any of our recipes, we'd love to see your creations!