Vegan Chestnut Butter Cake (Gluten Free + Low GI) | Delia.v Life
We love snacking on chestnuts but we rarely use them in baking since they are mostly gone by the time we are done snacking🤷🏻♀️. But this time, we specially bought more roasted chestnut as we had festive feels for a chestnut cake! This not-too-sweet chestnut cake with a fine, buttery crumb happens to be gluten free too!
Chestnut is incorporated 3 ways in this cake - in the sponge, sandwiched in between the sponge and decorated on the cake 😝
While this cake does require some time to make, don't be intimidated. We assure you that it's super simple to make! So, if you are a big fan of chestnut this is the cake for you! Also, we feel that this chestnut cake is so apt to bring to a Christmas gathering don't you think?
225g Unsweetened soy milk
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
200g Almond flour
90g Potato starch
140g Raw sugar/ Coconut sugar/ Erythritol
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Guar gum
For mixing in:
100g Roasted chestnuts, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and line two 6 inch round baking tins with baking paper.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Whisk the wet ingredients until homogeneous.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
5. Fold in the chopped chestnuts.
6. Distribute the batter equally into the two baking tins and bake for 30 mins or until golden brown.
200g Roasted chestnuts
150g Coconut cream
Process or blend the chestnuts and coconut cream together until you get a paste. You can leave it chunky for some bite as well!
2x Chestnut cake
Prepared creme patisserie/ Vegan whip cream
1. Place a layer of chestnut cake on a plate.
2. Pipe some creme patisserie around the circumference of the cake.
3. Fill the centre with the chestnut paste.
4. Use a spatula to smooth the surface of the creme patisserie and chestnut paste.
5. Place the second layer of chestnut cake on top.
6. Frost the cake with more creme patisserie or whipping cream.
We hope you like our Vegan Chestnut Butter Cake recipe! Make sure you subscribe to our Youtube Channel and tag us on Instagram @delia.v.sg if you recreate any of our recipes, we'd love to see your creations!