Vegan Baked Lava Cheese Tart - Super Cheesy & Creamy! | Delia.v Life
Unless you have been living under a rock, I'm sure you'd remember the time when cheese tarts were all the craze. With cheese tarts shops popping up left and right like hormonal pimples, it seemed like there was fierce competition between the various brands.
Recently, we snagged a packet of Daiya Mozarella Shreds from Everyday Vegan - an online vegan grocer and we wanted to test how they would fair in vegan cheese tarts. You guys don't know just how happy we are to be able to make a vegan version of this! We tested these on non vegans and they said that it's similar to the regular dairy laden cheese tarts! Even more impressive is how when eaten warm, it is like a molten lava cheese tart. So creamy, luscious and cheesy! Gosh, we couldn't stop praising it for days. If you're looking to make your cheese tarts look more yellowish, we recommend trying with the Daiya Cheddar Shreds instead! You can get $5 off your first purchase at Everyday Vegan using our link here.
Made with whole grain flour and other wholesome ingredients that are good for u and Mother Earth, these are simply amazing. We have eaten them chilled before and it tastes super delicious too! Blowtorch them for some smokiness and wala - this Vegan Molten Lava Cheese Tart will win your heart. Try it and you will know what's up!
Tart Crust Ingredients:
180g Whole-wheat pastry flour
1/4 tsp Salt
55g Extra virgin coconut oil
60g Maple syrup
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Mix the flour and salt together until we'll combined.
3. Pour in the oil and maple syrup. Mix until a dough forms.
4. Press the dough into prepared tart molds and prick the base of the tart shells with a fork. 5. Freeze for 30 mins before baking the tart shells for 12 mins.
(Mix to combine)
2 tbs Coconut cream
2 tbs Maple syrup
Lava Cheese Filling Ingredients:
100g Cashews, soaked in hot water for 15 mins
100g Daiya mozzarella/ cheddar shreds
350g Full fat coconut milk
100g Pressed tofu/ Silken firm tofu
70g Raw sugar/ Erythritol
1 tbs Corn starch
2 tbs Lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tbs Tahini
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Blend all ingredients together on high speed until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and heat while stirring constantly.
3. Once thickened, remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
4. Scoop the lava cheese filling into the prepared tart shells before freezing for another 30 mins.
5. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celcius. Brush the tarts with the glaze and bake for 6-8 minutes or until the top of the tarts are slightly golden.
6. Let cool for 5 mins then serve immediately. (We like to blowtorch the top of the tarts for an additional smokiness before serving!)
We hope you like our Vegan Baked Lava Cheese Tart recipe! Make sure you subscribe to our Youtube Channel and tag us on Instagram @delia.v.sg if you recreate any of our recipes, we'd love to see your creations!