One Bowl Vegan Butterscotch Sticky Date Pudding (Gluten Free!) | Delia.v Life
Sticky Date Pudding – a must have during the holiday season! Warm, sweet and comforting, the simple trick that makes all the difference is to add some Natures Charm Coconut Butterscotch Sauce from Everyday Vegan Grocer into the cake batter and drizzle even more over the warm cake when it comes out of the oven. Made with gluten free oat flour, this healthy sticky date pudding is the perfect healthy treat this Holiday season!
We love how easy this butterscotch sticky date pudding comes together as well! Seriously, the batter comes together in a bowl, is divided into ramekins and baked for 25-30 mins. Simple and fuss free yet absolutely scrumptious, this is the kind of dessert that we will be serving to our friends and family this Christmas!
We hope that you find as much joy tucking into these bites of happiness as we did! If you're interested in getting the Butterscotch sauce we use, get $5 off your first purchase at Everyday Vegan Grocer here!
75g Pitted dates, chopped
1/4 tsp Baking soda
125g Hot water
40g Nature's Charm Butterscotch Sauce
40g Vegetable oil
35g Applesauce/ Vegan yogurt
1 tsp Vanilla extract
110g Oat flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp Ground ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius and grease three ramekins with either oil or margarine.
2. In a bowl, combine the dates, baking soda and hot water. Stir to mix using a spoon and let the mixture stand for 5-10 mins for the dates to soften.
3. Add the butterscotch sauce, oil and applesauce to the date mixture and whisk well
4. Sift in the flour, baking powder and spices. Whisk just until combined.
5. Divide the batter into the ramekins and bake for 25-30 mins or until golden brown. A toothpick inserted won't come out completely clean and that is ok!
6. Let the sticky date pudding cool before un-molding.
7. Serve with a scoop of ice cream and more butterscotch sauce!
We hope you like our Vegan Butterscotch Sticky Date Pudding recipe! Make sure you subscribe to our Youtube Channel and tag us on Instagram @delia.v.sg if you recreate any of our recipes, we'd love to see your creations!