No Bake Vegan Orange Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake | Delia.v Life
This is the most wonderful time of the year~ we've been craving for chocolate spice and everything nice hence the birth of this gorgeous cake! Nut and dates cake base with a kick of coffee, top with lightly spiced dark chocolate orange mouse makes this cake unforgettable.
The combination of spices, orange, chocolate and coffee seems a bit quirky but trust us on this you will love it. Besides, this cake is completely sugar free if u use sugar free dark chocolate like we did, making it secretly healthy! Don't be fooled by it's creaminess and decadence because this cake is made with wholesome and natural ingredients like nuts, oats, dates, coconut yogurt and dark chocolate.
Besides, we really love how the aesthetics of this cake turned out! A few touches of dried fruits and spices for decoration gives this cake real festive vibes. Perfect for small gatherings, this delicious and healthy orange dark chocolate mousse cake is sure to bring smiles to you and you closed ones this holiday season.
Nut date base:
70g Roasted mixed nuts
100g Rolled oats
120g Pitted dates
50g Strong brewed coffee
1. Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until a rough dough forms.
2. Line a 6 inch baking tin with baking paper. Press the mixture into the base of the cake tin.
3. Refrigerate until needed.
Dark chocolate orange mousse:
400g Greek style coconut yogurt, room temperature NOT straight from the fridge
1 tsp Cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp Ginger powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Zest of 1 orange
180g Dark chocolate, chopped
70g Unsweetened Almond milk/ soy milk
1. Whisk the yogurt with spices, vanilla extract and orange zest.
2. Set the yogurt mixture aside. DO NOT PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE.
3. Heat the almond milk just until it starts to simmer.
4. Pour the heated milk over the chopped chocolate in a large bowl.
5. Let the chocolate stand in the hot milk for 5 minutes before stirring with a spoon until all the chocolate has melted.
6. Pour the yogurt mixture into the melted chocolate and whisk until combined.
7. Pour the mousse onto the prepared cake base and use a spatula to smooth the top.
8. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
We hope you like our Vegan Orange Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake recipe! Make sure you subscribe to our Youtube Channel and tag us on Instagram @delia.v.sg if you recreate any of our recipes, we'd love to see your creations!