Easy Vegan Creme Brulee Recipe - 5 ingredients (Gluten-Free) | Delia.v Life
Updated: May 6, 2020
Traditional creme brulee is laden with eggs and dairy which we are trying our best to avoid. Hence, it is not a very easy recipe to veganize since the texture and flavour is very important here! Many recipes uses coconut milk to add richness to the creme brulee and here we are using coconut milk too, but we are using UFC Velvet Coconut Milk as we feel that it has the least coconut taste. We also added vegan butter to our creme brulee to enhance its texture. The result is a creamy, flavourful and satisfying vegan creme brulee that is sure to impress!
This recipe is fail-proof and comes together easily. So, if you are looking for a low maintenance touch of luxury in the comfort of your own home, read on for the recipe!
500g Coconut milk
35g Raw sugar
Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
30g Vegan butter/ Margarine
Raw sugar for caramelising the creme brulee
1. In a saucepan, combine all the ingredients, EXCEPT the vegan butter and stir until there are no lumps of cornstarch.
2. Heat the saucepan on medium heat until the mixture thickens and start to bubble.
3. Remove from heat and mix in the vegan butter until you get a smooth and Velvety texture.
4. Pour the mixture into ramekins. You can use any ceramic ramekins you like!
5. Put them in the fridge to cool for at least 3 hours.
6. Remove from the fridge and sprinkle sugar over & blow torch to caramelise. You can use a grill to do this too or simply cook the sugar on medium heat in a pan until golden brown. Be sure to pour the sugar onto the creme fast before it hardens.