Amazing Vegan Passionfruit Coconut Cupcakes - Soft, Fluffy & Moist | Delia.v Life
Living in the tropics has its perks such as having an abundance of tropical fruits all year round! Passionfruit is not the most commonly consumed fruit maybe partly due to the numerous amount of seeds in them. But the flavors they impart to bake goods...oh lordddddd sweet, exotic yet slightly tart! What better to complement the unique flavor of passion fruit than another tropical fruit: C-O-C-O-N-U-T!
Guys, these two are a match made is heaven okay. Super fluffy and fragrant coconut cupcakes are filled with exotic passion fruit curd and topped with light, creamy coconut frosting. Every bite is so flavorful it will make you swoon with delight <3 You have to try it to believe it! To make these cupcakes more nutritious, we used white spelt flour here. We have also tested these with monk fruit sweetener and they still come out beautifully. So, if you are trying to avoid sugar, feel free to use erythritol monk fruit sweetener.
A word on the frosting here: It is not like your typical butter filled frosting which makes you feel sick after awhile. Predominantly milk-based, our frosting is light and creamy without being too sweet or greasy. You don't need cups and cups of icing sugar and butter to make a good frosting trust us! We really love this frosting it is our go-to recipe for frosting everytime~
220g Spelt flour/ All purpose flour
140g Raw sugar
50g Toasted desiccated coconut
1 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Sea salt
240g Unsweetened soy milk
1 tbs Apple cider Vinegar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
80g Vegetable oil
90g Creme Patisserie
40g Passionfruit juice (You may not need all)
240g Creme patisserie
100g Vegan whipping cream/ Coconut cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and prepare 15 cupcake liners.
2. Sift flour, sugar, desiccated coconut, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix soy milk with apple cider vinegar and let the mixture stand for 15 minutes.
4. Then, add vanilla extract and vegetable oil to the milk mixture.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
6. Fill the cupcake liners until they are 3/4 filled and bake them for 25 minutes.
7. Cool the cupcakes and cut a hole in the middle of the cupcakes.
1. Mix passion fruit juice spoon by spoon into the creme patisserie until its consistency is like a thick pancake batter.
2. Fill cupcakes with passionfruit curd.
1. Whip vegan whipping cream until stiff peaks.
2. Fold whipped cream into the creme patisserie and pipe on cupcakes.
3. Sprinkle toasted desiccated coconut if desired.
We hope you like our Vegan Coconut Passionfruit Cupcakes recipe! Make sure you subscribe to our Youtube Channel and tag us on Instagram @delia.v.sg if you recreate any of our recipes, we'd love to see your creations!